8:30am - 12:30pm
Can We Personalise Our Physiotherapy Treatment of Patellafemoral Pain to Enhance Outcomes?
- To list the recommended treatments for patellofemoral pain.
- To describe characteristics of an individual that might influence their response to a recommended treatment.
- To improve understanding of how to personalise physiotherapy treatment for patellofemoral pain.
Move More, Sit Less – How Do We Influence This in Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Beyond?
- To increase knowledge of the physical activity and sedentary behaviour guidelines.
- To increase understanding of the benefits of physical activity across the lifespan.
- To explain the role of the physiotherapist in physical activity promotion in pulmonary rehabilitation
- To recognise what physiotherapists are delivering well, and where we are doing not so well in pulmonary rehabilitation.
- To outline practical tips on how the physical activity guidelines can be incorporated into practice using behaviour change techniques (motivational interviewing) and very brief interventions.
Hush...Hush...What Is It About?
Shirlene Toh, Principal Occupational Therapist, Tan Tock Seng Hospital,
Matthew Tay, Associate Consultant, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore
- NC Dan Wang, Nurse Clinician, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore
recognise their individual sexual attitude towards sexuality.
- To understand how neurological
conditions such as stroke and spinal cord injury will result in bladder and
bowel incontinence and the common incontinence management.
identify suitable sexuality strategies using PLISSIT model in addressing
sexuality concerns for individuals with stroke and spinal cord injury.
1:30pm - 5:30pm
Promotion of Physical activity and Falls prevention in Older people
- To evaluate current programs/practices on promoting physical activity and preventing falls in older people.
- To appraise the current research evidence behind promotion of physical activity, and falls prevention in older people.
- To outline common barriers and facilitators to promotion of physical activity and falls prevention in older people.
- To examine ways to implement strategies to promote physical activity and prevent falls in older people.
Ultrasound Imaging in Intensive Care Physiotherapy
- Dr Geetha Kayambu, Senior Physiotherapist, National University Hospital, Singapore
- A/Prof Ong Hwee Kuan, Senior Principal Physiotherapist, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
- Ms Tan Chun Ju, Senior Physiotherapist, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
- Mr Qamaruzaman Syed Gani, Senior Physiotherapist, National University Hospital, Singapore
- To acquire basic skills in ultrasonography.
- To learn how to perform and report ultrasound examination of the lungs.
- To understand clinical uses and limitations of ultrasound in assessment of lung pathology; pleural effusion, consolidation, atelectasis, pulmonary oedema and pneumothorax.
- To learn how to perform and report ultrasound examination of skeletal muscle.
- To understand clinical uses and limitations of ultrasound in assessment of conditions such as ICU acquired muscle weakness.